|Shake Rattle and Roll Fourteen: The Invasion|
Chito S. Rono
|Released Date||December 25 2012|
Shake Rattle and Roll Fourteen: The Invasion is a sci-fi horror anthology film directed by Chito S. Roño. The film stars an ensemble cast including Lovi Poe, Dennis Trillo, Vhong Navarro, Eric Tai, Janice De Belen, Herbert Bautista, Paolo Avelino, Ella Cruz, Makisig Morales.
The film is produced by Regal Entertainment, Inc. It was chosen as a part of annual Metro Manila Film Festival and was shown on December 25, 2012 in Philippine cinemas.
This episode took place in the 1980s. Myra, Faye and Donald, (Eri Neeman was also part of the cousins but wasn't given a name) cousins that cannot get along, was called to get their shares from their unknown Uncle Lando who died. The man who were giving their shares said that if some of them dies within a month their money will be split into bigger portions to those who are still alive, the comics were also split to them, and the man who were giving the shares told them that their uncle died bitter because of the people who imitated his comics and took all his fame. When they were done, they threw the comics away because they don't have any interest of it. Soon one of their cousins died (Eri Neeman) soon they went back to their uncle's house to confront the man who gave them the shares, but they saw the man dead, now they are set in a chase with the comics.
Lost Command EditA group of soldiers were sent to mindanao for a secret mission, the soldiers don't know what is their mission but they still went. They have encountered old soldiers that was lost for a very long time, the old soldiers have been transformed into aswangs, as well as some of the new soldiers, now the mission they didn't knew is all about a rescue operation that went wrong.
Unwanted EditHank & Kate a couple engaged went to the mall to retrieve their gift for their parents to announce their engagement. After all was okay, a big explosion shook the mall at 7:30, all of this happened during December 21 2012 (The said date that the world will end) Hank was so worried about Kate, because she is pregnant. When Hank saw Kate he took her together with the other survivors (Eric Tai, Albie Casino, Eula Caballero, Carlo Aquino, Chokoleit). They encountered something that was beyond humans, aliens, all of the survivors died except for Hank and Kate, They were chosen to lead the new world, the new generation.
- Janice de Belen as Myra
- Herbert Bautista as Donald
- Empress as Cynthia
- Dennis Padilla as Benjie
- Arlene Muhlach as Faye
- Snooky Serna as Rosalda
- Dimples Romana as Filomena
- Gerald Pesigan as Felimon
- Ivan Dorschner as Emerson
- Fabio Ide as Kon de Nado
- Anna Vicente as Gladys
- Eri Neeman as Benedict
- Rain Papa as Buboy ang Munting Diablo
Lost Command Edit
- Dennis Trillo as Master Sgt. Martin Barrientos
- Paulo Avelino as Corp. Lamberto Upaon
- Martin Escudero as Private Solomon Conde
- Ella Cruz as Linda
- Rommel Padilla
- Alex Castro as Private Hilario Tabios
- JC Tiuseco as Private First Class Tomas Pugeda
- Makisig Morales as Bunag
- AJ Dee
- Chris Pasturan
- Benz Sangalang
- Ronnie Lazaro
- Vhong Navarro as Hank
- Lovi Poe as Kate
- Eula Caballero as Ming
- Albie Casino as Neil
- Carlo Aquino as Rex
- Eric Tai as Tom
- Jairus Aquino
- Sharlene San Pedro as young Kate
|Category||Recipient(s) and Nominee(s)||Result|
|Best Child Performer||Gerald Pesigan (Pamana)||Nominee|
|Best Visual Effects||Imaginary Friends & Blackburst inc.||
|Best Original Story||Ricky Lee (Pamana)||Nominee|
|Best Supporting Actress||Arlene Muhlach (Pamana)||Nominee|
|Best Actor||Herbert Bautista (Pamana)||Nominee|
|Best Actress||Janice De Belen (Pamana)||Nominee|
|Best Director||Chito S. Rono||
Production Gallery Edit
Home Media Release Edit
The DVD and CD was released on March 2013.
- This is the 1st time Paulo Avellino appears in the SRR Franchise.
- This is the 1st time Ella Cruz appears in the SRR Franchise.
- This is the 1st time Makisig Morales appears in the SRR Franchise.
- This is the 1st time Vhong Navarro appears in the SRR Franchise.
- Unlike the past SRR films, The 3 episodes of this film are only directed by one director: Chito S.Rono.
- This is the first SRR that uses words for the number of the installment for the poster.
- This is the 1st SRR that focuses on soldiers.
- This is the first SRR which had a highlight. ("The Invasion")
- In this installment the actors are from 3 major rival networks
- The movie was entitiled the Invasion because of the theme of this year's SRR, "Aliens", "Zombies" and people do believe that this creatures are the one who will invades us.
- This is the 1st SRR that includes an alien.
- This is the 1st SRR that includes a vampire.
- This is the 1st SRR that includes a sci-fi theme.
- The 1st episode "Pamana" is written by Ricky Lee who also wrote the movie "Himala"
- This is the most expensive SRR ever made.
- This is the 2nd SRR to be rated GP.
- In this film, The opening credits of Regal Entertainment was different among the other Regal movies. The film used the old logo of Regal Entertainment for the opening credits. Shake Rattle and Roll Fourteen was considered special because of the usage of the old logo.
- Shake Rattle and Roll XIV is the 1st SRR installment to win the "Best Visual Effects" (Imaginary Friends & Blackburst)
- Some of the cast are present at the Premiere Night of the movie. Absentees: Janice De Belen, Empress, Arlene Muhlach, Ivan Dorschener, Fabio Ide, JC Tiuseco, Makisig Morales, AJ Dee, Lovi Poe, Albie Casino & Chokoleit.
- At the Premiere Night, On the start of the screening of the movie, Ella Cruz and Eula Caballero made it to catch up and watch the movie. (Late)
- In this installment, Regal Multimedia Incorporated (RMMI) wasn't given to much credit in the movie, Unlike the past Installment they give RMMI credits, Now in SRR XIV, RMMI is just located at the poster of the movie and not in the opening credits of the movie.
- At the Gabi Ng Parangal 38th Metro Manila Film Festival the SRR franchise was given a tribute for marking history in Philippine Films.
- The 3 episodes of Shake Rattle and Roll 14: The Invasion included the prop of Grandfather clock.
- Unlike any other SRR film poster, the poster of The Invasion was color blue instead of the usually used red and black.
- Shake Rattle & Roll 14: The Invasion was able to surpass Shake Rattle & Roll 9, SRR 9 68 million pesos vs SRR 14 79.9 million, Shake Rattle & Roll 14 is now the highest grossing SRR Installment in the series.
- Shake Rattle & Roll 14 is in Top 11 of the highest grossing films in the Philippines in 2012. Followed by the Strangers.
- Carla Abellana and Iza Calzado were among those listed in the original cast. Both were did not appear on the film.
- This installment features the comeback of Janice de Belen and Herbert Bautista which both starred in past Shake, Rattle and Roll installments, especially Shake, Rattle and Roll 1 which included both of them but in different episodes. Arlene Muhlach is the third in the cast who was also in the first movie.
- SM Mall of Asia is the mall where the cast of "Unwanted" shoot.
- This film brings some homage to previous SRR films.
- Pamana is set in the 1980s wherein the first Shake Rattle and Roll was premiered. **Filomena's appearance is similar to Yaya of Shake Rattle and Roll 3.
- When Tianak comes out from the tub, it gives an allusion to Undin of Shake Rattle and Roll 3, also comes out from a bathroom set.
- Kon de nado is similar to Andres of Shake Rattle and Roll 5.
- The Aswang/Zombie soldiers brings an allusion to the Tamawos of Shake Rattle and Roll 13.
- In the scene Janice de Belen holds the refridgerator briefly echoes the scene Pridyider (also starred by Janice de Belen) from Shake Rattle and Roll.
- This is the last installment of the franchise, Mother Lily referred that she is looking for new movies and wants to start a new franchise than Shake Rattle and Roll, Mother Lily stated that she is sad but she promised that the artists and directors will make a big impact on the future.